Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Transitioning Halloween decor into Thanksgiving

 
Couldn't resist sharing this.  For those of you who followed my Halloween decorating on facebook, you remember all of those trees I spray painted black.  Well, I wasn't quite ready to send them to the firepit, so I have found a way to transition them into my Thanksgiving decor.  Normally I skip right over Thanksgiving and go right into Christmas after Halloween, but my husband threatened divorce (and this year I think he means it ;-).   For Halloween I taped crow silhouettes onto the branches; for Thanksgiving I have hung amber jewels (purchased at Target).  They add a touch of bling without blocking the tv.

3 comments:

  1. Love the amber hanging from the branches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angie! I wish they showed better in these photos. When the light hits them during the day or if I have the candles lit at night they really sparkle!

    ReplyDelete