Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

I love few things more than sitting down to a good meal with wonderful friends, and this Thanksgiving I am thrilled to be sharing a feast with my friend Jenn B and her family.  Below is our menu for the day...

Appetizers:  Smoked Salmon Spread, Summer Sausage, Assorted Cheese & Crackers & Fruit

Dinner:  Brined Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Sausage Stuffing, Dill Carrots, Broccoli with Cheese Sauce, Cranberries

Dessert:  Jim's Apple Pie with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

It absolutely drives me crazy when people let the stress of a holiday ruin the FUN of a holiday.   This is where the "planner" in me comes out.  I  take a little bit of time to PLAN so I will be able to ENJOY my time and my guests (Thank you, Ina Garden for teaching me this!) ...and planning means lists - lots and lots of lists.  I have a cleaning list, a shopping list, a cooking list, a decorating list and an "everything else" list.  Wait, I'm not done.  I've broken down my lists into days - what tasks will be done on which days.  This might drive some people crazy - I simply cannot function without this kind of organization.  Once a task is completed I take great satisfaction in crossing it off my list and moving on to my next mission. 

You would think that this level of highly sophisticated organization would give my mind some type of rest, but sadly, no - I am awake this morning worrying about next month's activities (for which no list has been created).  It's a vicious circle, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. This is my all-time favorite picture from my home. It has been a lot of work getting it to this point.

    ReplyDelete