Friday, November 12, 2010

More Nature Inspired Ideas for Christmas

If you are anything like me you burn through your Pottery Barn catalog like it was a trashy novel.  I simple love their style,  and many of the items in my home were purchased there; however, there are some things I KNOW I can make much cheaper (and better) than what they sell.  The Bucket & Branch Advent Calendar is one of those items.  I have more branches than I know what to do with, the rope is already in my craft room - now if I can find some type of bucket (or other rustic inspired item) I'm in business!  I am skipping the gym today and heading out today to find some goodies...
So I was at the Dollar Store today, and I struck GOLD!!!  Check out these little buckets - 3 for $1!!!  I found them in the wedding section.  I was originally going to copy the Pottery Barn item, but now I'm thinking I may just put the numbers on the buckets and hang them on the Christmas tree.  As soon as we have a non-rainy day I'm going to start spray painting (a brushed bronze color will look rustic & will look beautiful on my tree this year)...or maybe I will just leave them white...this has to evolve in my mind.

UPDATE:  I am very limited on wall space, so I had to come up with a different way to display the Advent Buckets - on my tree!  I've filled the buckets with two pieces of candy (one for each of my children), and attached a number to each one.  I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!  The entire project cost my under $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment